Basic Blue 9 with High Tinctorial Strength
Basic blue 9, also called methylene blue, is a type of very popular dye. It is stable in air, but it is sensitive to light. It is economical and it has excellent brightness. So it is widely used in dyeing fibers, silk, wool and linen.
Basic blue 9 structural formula.
Basic blue 9 powder.
- Molecular formula: C16H18N3SCl.
- Molecular weight: 319.9 g/mol.
- Appearance: blue powder.
- Density: 1.0 g/ml at 20°C.
- Moisture: 2.55%.
- Oil absorption (ml/100g): 30 - 55.
- Light fastness: 5 - 7.
- Wash fastness: 4 - 5.
- Water resistance: 4 - 5.
- Oil resistance: 4.
- Acid resistance: 4 - 5.
- Alkali resistance: 4 - 5.
- Heat resistance: 160°C.
- Odor: slight odor.
- Melting point: 100°C - 110°C.
- Freezing point: 45°C.
- Solubility: 40 g/L in water at 20°C.
- Vapor pressure: 1.30 × 10-7 mm Hg at 25°C.
Properties: basic blue 9 is blue powder. And it is soluble in ethanol, chloroform, slightly soluble in pyridine, and it is insoluble in ethyl ether.
- High tinctorial strength.
- Excellent brightness.
- Good light fastness.
- Dyeing all fibers.
- Basic blue 9 is mainly used in dyeing of linen, silk, wool, bamboo fiber, acrylic fibers and other fabrics.
- It is used in colored paper.
- It is also used to make a variety of lake and paint.
Basic blue 9 can be used in the dyeing of cotton, making clothes beautiful.
Basic blue 9 can be used in the dyeing of linen, making the suit have pretty color.
Basic blue 9 can be used in the dyeing of silk, making the handkerchief bright.
Basic blue 9 can be used in the dyeing of wool, making sweaters beautiful.
Inquiry for Our Product
Hengshui Coldye Chemical Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.